Reidun is available for weddings, as a Soloist, with Uilleann Piper/Singer Barry Lynch, or with Guitarist Paul de Grae as the duo Amala.
Please feel free to contact Reidun if you have any specific wishes or questions (see contact form below).
Reidun’s Solo Harp Repertoire includes:
- Pachelbel – Canon in D
- Jesus, Joy of Man’s Desiring (J.S. Bach)
- Prelude in C (J.S. Bach) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n12tHST4Y58
- Menuet (Krieger)
- Ode to Joy (Beethoven)
- Trumpet Tune (Purcell)
- Menuet in G (J.S. Bach)
- Folia D’Espagna (Scarlatti)
- Arioso (Bach)
- Here Comes The Bride (Wagner/Lohengrin)
Irish Harp Repertoire (T. O’Carolan):
- Eleanor Plunket https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8LWIMnkuVA
- Planxty Fanny Power https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3XMkCMCPe0&t=45s
- Planxty Irwin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZIebUznJkw
- Blind Mary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke4iCHbCIe8
- Madam Maxwell https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1wlPFyOYik
- Carolan’s Concerto https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnkfK8ZESk4
- Carolan’s Draught https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BZJD543d0A
- George Brabazon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4yqceUJGWU (very suitable for entrance, March)
- Lord Inchiquin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHuHlY3BBho
Irish Harp Repertoire :
- Miss Hamilton https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN96BZjd2M0
Hymns / Irish/ Gospels/very suitable for church weddings:
- Ag Chriost an Síol (music by Seán Ó Riada; offertory)
- Amazing Grace (Hymn)
- Morning has Broken (Hymn)
- Nearer, My God, to Thee (Hymn)
- On Eagle’s Wings (Josh Groban)
- She Moved through the Fair (Irish trad)
- Tabhair dom do Lámh (Give me your hand; sign of peace)
- The Voyage (Johnny Duhan)
- A Thousand Years (Perri and David Hodges; The Twilight Saga)
- Beautiful (As You) – Disney
- Bridge over Troubled Water (Paul Simon)
- Can’t Help Falling in Love (made famous by Elvis Presley)
- Can You Feel the Love Tonight (Disney)
- Chasing Cars (Snow Patrol)
- Da Slockit Light (Tom Anderson)
- Feels Like Home (Chantal Kreviazuk)
- From This Moment on (Shania Twain)
- Gabriels Oboe (Ennio Morricone; The Mission)
- I See the Light (Tangled) – Disney
- If Ever You Were Mine (Natalie MacMaster)
- Moon River (Henry Mancini; Breakfast at Tiffany’s)
- Perfect (Ed Sheeran)
- The Prayer (sang by Celine Dion & Andrea Bocelli)
- The Rose (Bette Midler)
- The Swan (Caitriona McKay)
- You Raise Me Up (Secret Garden; sang by Josh Groban)
Irish Traditional Music:
Reidun has an extensive repertoire of Irish traditional dance tunes and airs which would be too vast to list here.
Special Requests: Please get in contact with Reidun to find out if she can be performing your very special tune.
Duo with Uilleann Piper Barry Lynch:
Both musicians are available for both civil and religious wedding ceremonies, as well as drinks receptions, as a duo or accompanied by one or two more musicians.
The Uilleann Pipes (Irish bagpipes) are very suitable for a wedding ceremony, especially the Entrance and Recessional.
Barry has a playlist on youtube with a selection of his finest pieces on uilleann pipes and low whistle:
As for the drinks reception part, the duo can offer a wide range of Irish traditional dance tunes, lively songs, slow tunes, and even song requests.
Barry plays Uilleann Pipes, Mandolin, Banjo, Low & Tin Whistles, Harmonica, and knows a wide range of Songs.
Please to not hesitate to get in contact if you are thinking about a particular song to be performed on your special day. Barry’s repertoire is vast and a list of his songs would be too long to fit onto this website!
The duo gets good feedback wherever they play, such as this review from a young couple:
“We got married on Friday 6th September. We asked Reidun and Barry to play at our drinks reception in the Killarney Oaks. They were just what we were looking for from start to finish they were professional and organised. We would highly recommend them. We would 100% book them again. 10/10 first class. Lawrence & Jennifer.”
Duo “Amala” with Paul de Grae (guitar):
Amala is a Kerry-based duo with Reidun Schlesinger on harp and Paul de Grae on guitar.
Amala plays music from several centuries, in original arrangements. The core of Amala’s repertoire is Irish: traditional Irish tunes, and music from the Irish harp repertoire; the duo also plays tunes from various continental European countries, Renaissance and early classical pieces, some jazz, and our own (rather jazz-tinged) compositions. Feel free to check out Amala’s website: http://www.amala.ie
Contact us if you have an enquiry: